Due to the significant expenditure on the Companies IT infrastructure, we are seeking an experienced IT Technician.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working with External IT Partners
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Support and Maintenance
- Maintenance of desktops, laptops and workstations.
- Upgrade and maintenance of server infrastructure; this is often carried outside of normal office hours.
- Expectation of possible on call responsibilities
- Support of infrastructure servers.
- Diagnostics of networking problems.
- Maintenance of business networks.
- Good working knowledge of hardware firewalls.
- Administration of user accounts.
- Assist user with operations of systems.
- Ensure stock levels of day to day IT hardware/peripherals.
- Ensure IT policies are enforced.
- Administration of Anti-Spam Sophos or equivalent
- Microsoft Updates and Security patching
- Update Company Website/ Twitter accounts
Mobile Phones and Tablets
- Setting up and deploying mobile devices.
- Configuration and use of MDM.
- Maintenance of internal phone systems.
- Assisting with Design of infrastructure projects including but not limited to additional server and network resource.
- Assisting with Deployment of projects from start to finish including reporting and evaluating outcome.
Job Requirements: Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and/or Training
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft office suite of applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- Microsoft certification.
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software.
- Jet Reports/ Navision
Experience in similar role within the construction sector would be desirable
Hours Negotiable up to 30 Hours per week
Excellent Salary Benefits package to include Excellent Salary, Pension, Medical and Life Assurance