Mulholland Contracts Ltd. (MCL) are pleased to advertise the position of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) administrator, a new, challenging and vital role within the business, based in Polbeth, West Calder.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the provision of the following administrative duties:
- Pro-actively promote a positive safety culture through coaching, mentoring and leading by example.
- Co-ordinating all training courses, whilst ensuring that existing training records are kept up to date.
- Ensuring HSE documentation is made available in a timely manner.
- Recording and reporting on Contractor Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Assisting with the production of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans.
- Ensuring DSE self-assessments are completed, whilst undertaking additional assessments as required.
- Completing safety inspections within an office and depot environment.
- Producing reports for and on behalf of the Health and Safety Manager.
- Completing pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Preparing and distributing site safety folders.
- MCL document control.
- Maintaining the non-conformance tracker whilst ensuring that actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Recording the distribution, service and calibration of health and safety equipment.
- Maintaining the Health, Safety and Environmental notice board.
- Co-ordinating HSE meetings and the recording/distribution of meeting minutes.
- General administrative duties; for example, updating records, inputting data, printing and filing documents etc.
- Any other reasonable task needed in support of the business as required.
The candidate will have previous experience within a similar role and will be expected to pro-actively seek out opportunities for continual improvement within their scope of work.
Note: As part of your personal development, you may be required to attend construction sites periodically, accompanied by the Health and Safety Manager or the Advisor. You will also be required to undertake office and depot/yard safety inspection and will be supported with this process as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A basic awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or equivalent is desirable, although not essential as this can be provided.
This is an exciting role within a long established family business, where you can expect to become a close and valued member of the Mulholland team.
The position attracts a competitive salary, pension, private healthcare, life assurance and an opportunity for progression through succession planning and/or business growth.
Return to vacancy list >>