Due to the continued growth of Mulholland Contracts Ltd, we are seeking an experienced Groundworks Estimator
Reporting to the Estimating Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of tender from receipt of the enquiry to submission.
- Full take-off and billing of all work items (training will be provided re various software packages utilised)
- Interpret ground conditions etc from Clients Site Investigation reports
- Assess temporary works requirements
- Commission further site investigation works if deemed necessary
- Attend meetings with / present tender to Clients
- Prepare and submit RFI’s to clients to enable fully detailed submission
- Project handover to Construction Team
- Assess/cost significant variations on live projects
- Ability to assess scope of work from drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of construction techniques and where/how these are utilised.
- Minimum of 5 years on-site experience as an engineer &/or site manager.
- Good communicator.
- Able to work on their own initiative, within established procedures and as part of the estimating team
- Competent in use of Estimating Software (training will be provided)
- Use of Microsoft office suit
- AutoCAD (beneficial)
- Understanding of current Construction Health & Safety requirements.
- Applications from experienced site engineers and site managers looking for a new challenge with a civil engineering and/or groundwork’s background would also be welcomed.
Excellent Salary Benefits package to include Attractive Salary, Car, Pension, Medical and Life Assurance