The post holder will be responsible for all the administration of our CAD work, POC applications, work pack drawings and general admin where required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This will include the design and technical support of utility construction contracts
- Provision of proposed Gas, Water & Electrical Design drawings
- Design approval for electric and water direct with the incumbent or asset owner
- Design approval for gas with the incumbent subject to internal approval as per our accreditations
- Liaising with the upstream and adopting asset owners to obtain design approvals
- Design based upon the appropriate network tools such as SNAP / Windeb (training given if required)
- Maintain records of the progress of each design approval in respect to progress, communication, notices, change control etc
- Responsible for variations to the design(s) and the associated paperwork for re-submission to the IDNO / DNO
- Any other duties may be required that fall within the role competencies.
- This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties will be expected to be managed for example the management and control of support services provided such as Computer systems, Site Design Processes, Quality Systems, As-laid drawings.
- In depth understanding of the business and experience in the design of multi utility construction projects.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Ability to understand and build partnerships.
- Awareness of gas, water and electrical standards and legislation
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to manage changes to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
- Technical design knowledge.
- Good communicator.
- Computer literate.